Sunday, July 25, 2021

Song Snippet: Alpine Melody

While thinking alpine thoughts this week, I came up with this little melody. What do you think? Should I enlarge the thought and do something with it?

#lovefreshmountainair
#fauxyodeller
#littleshepherdess

BOUTIQUE NARELLE: Hair Styling Tip



Want your braids to look thicker?

If you like the look of braids, but not how skinny your own braids turn out, here's a tip I learned from braiding expert Lilith Moon.

I know it looks like I've got a full head of hair, but actually I don't. My hair is very fine, but in its fluffy or curly state it looks bulky because of the volume created by the various waves and curls (so far I've counted three types of curl on my head). If I braided my hair firmly, the volume of the delicate curls would disappear under the pressure and the result would be skinny braids.

Lilith's braiding tutorials (sample here) showed me how to braid to below my chin, then holding the ends loosely and working from base to top, tug gently upward on each loop of the braid to spread out the bulk a little. Repeat as necessary until you've got the bulk you want without the ends pulling free, then secure the tail with a band. Voila! Plump braids!

Fiat lux!

Narelle


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...