Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Waiting for Spring

The promised concert review didn't make it to cyberlaunch because 3 performances during 1 week in the middle of winter were pushing my boundaries too far and I've been very ill ever since. I've been depending on the arrival of spring warmth and new energy, but they're proving elusive. Bring on summer! but in the meantime I've had to clear my schedule through to January and won't be taking new bookings until I'm well and truly on my feet again.

After my winter galivanting came to a halt, it was two months before I had any voice to sing again. I'm still a bit croaky. Looks like bits of my blogs are croaking also...is Photobucket trying to make Songuine kick the bucket? CPR applied...



I had a quadruple neck adjustment today and as a result have been able to enjoy a lilting cyberjam with Hayley tonight. I'm also relieved that the the clamp on my voice has not been caused by a lack of practice.

What do you do when you encounter an empty outdoor stage and auditorium?

Give me a road, a park, a beach, a hill, an amphitheatre...to me it's an invitation to sing.

Tahunanui Beach's outdoor amphitheatre issued such an invitation last week. I started out with "Only Hope" (Switchfoot/Mandy Moore)...

There's a song that's inside of my soul.
It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again.
I'm awake in the infinite cold;
But You sing to me over and over again...
And I lift my hands and pray to be only Yours...
I know now You're my only hope.
When it feels like my dreams are so far,
Sing to me of the plans that You have for me over again...
I give You my destiny. I'm giving You all of me.
I want Your symphony singing in all that I am...
I know now You're my only hope.

A Princess Moment

I do have the video footage from July. It's not great - my unprepared accompanist provided some serious cringe moments on the organ - so my plan is to edit the footage into something less painful to discerning ears. As the state of my blogs show, I'm doing minimal computer work, so I doubt it will happen in an instant. The text is ready to go, with the title "A Princess Moment". Here's hoping you get to enjoy that moment with me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fascinating.. I like your blogs..
Have a good day Karyn..

Narelle Worboys said...

Thank you, Karyn. =) Hopefully my next post on Songuine will be of a more helpful nature. If my plans work out, it will feature another Asian phenomenon. Wishing you a terrific weekend! Narelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...