Tuesday, April 25, 2023

ANZAC REVERIE 2023: my tribute and call to remembrance

THE OCCASION

#LestWeForget #ANZACDay #RemembranceDay


Three weeks ago, I realized that my newly acquired instrumental skills (guitar and mouth-trumpet) were perfectly suited to a rearrangement of ANZAC REVERIE, which I recorded acapella in 2021. I wasn't happy with that video production, so it's been nice to revisit and upgrade my presentation somewhat. 


THE COSTUME

Costuming has always been a delight to me. I get a lot of fun out of it. My outfit for this performance consists of a shirt-dress and trench coat from my regular daywear, supplemented by a tie acquired for the occasion. I had to put in some serious study to get that thing tied. It's not a skill I've needed before.

I've also been practicing my hairstyling skills for a few weeks. It's been a while since I wrangled an up-do. Watching a few episodes of "Foyle's War" helped me along. I'm quite pleased with the outcome.




THE MUSIC

The melody by jazz trumpeter Nini Rosso is such a delight to sing, and the lyrics, which I wrote over a decade ago, seem to get more relevant with each passing year, especially as we see how many have sleepily forgotten the price of freedom. I hope my music will encourage you as you move forward in your journey awake and remembering.

Here's the video link. Lyrics listed below.

https://youtu.be/e9ftN8dyiJE

Fiat lux!

Narelle


ANZAC REVERIE lyrics by Narelle Worboys 


Anzac Reverie

For you and me

At dawn and at nine,

Blasting storm or balmy shine.

Remember the ones who've gone before, 

Praying for peace and fighting war. 


Chorus:

For them not surrender, that easier peace price,

But defend freedom, uphold the right.

Who chose what's right and what free?

Above us the Highest Authority. 


Anzac Reverie

For you and me

At noon, and when the light

Begins to fade into the night. 

Remember the ones who've gone before, 

The truth that they fought and died for. 


Repeat Chorus 


Anzac Reverie 

For you and me.

Lest we, lest we forget.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...