Saturday, July 9, 2011

Local Program Off the Cuff

On Friday I went to Rahiri as support for the cellist who was making her local debut. My mother has just passed Grade 4 cello after 18 months of study. It's her 'retirement fun' but she's worked really hard for it. She's such an inspiration to me. I set up her music stand & chair...and ended up singing several impromptu brackets to give her a rest! It's been 2 years since I did a local program. It felt so good to be back on the stage sharing music with an enthusiastic audience. Mum did really well. She gave them Tchaikovsky, Bach, Handel, Elgar, and Traditional melodies that had the audience humming, singing, and whistling along. And Stephen Foster. I don't think he's classified as Traditional, but the audience probably would have said so!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...