Friday, November 19, 2010

Narelle on Tour with Jules Riding



Two concerts done. Day to rest. Two concerts to go.

A tour concert has a totally different feel to the Auckland filmed show. I'm gaining in confidence, enjoying the process of getting comfortable working in with the band and getting my body to the point that it will do what I tell it.  I'm SO thankful I have both my parents with me each night, supporting me and helping the band.  Also very glad for a day's rest and my own bed.

The Cathedral Church of St John the Evangelist, Napier, New Zealand

Napier was great.  Magnificent venue. Recognizing Samuell away down in the very far (back row) was a cheery  moment.  He literally flew to the concert, landing his air ambulance and driving off to the concert without stopping to tidy his plane.  Another cheery moment was when my backstage high note warm-ups wafted into the sanctuary through a wall we thought was soundproof, leading Jules to comment to the audience about the imminent arrival of angels.
Consider this your invitation to attend our concert!
Sound check at St Peters Anglican Church, Palmerston North, New Zealand

I have three special memories of Palmerston North.

1. Seeing people I know.  Eighteen people came because Mum or I invited them, eleven of them from Dannevirke. I deeply appreciate their support.

2. Charmagne's face, an honest face that reflects what she feels. Amid a congregation of solemn visage, it glowed with enjoyment and that glow somehow transferred itself to my heart. I'm sure it added to my performance.
3. I got a chance to scat!  During sound check, Jules skipped into a blues rhythm that tweaked my creative urge and I yowled and twanged eight bars of crazy nonsense that lightened the afternoon for everyone.  Can't wait to do it again!

Tune in to Tararua Television at 7pm, Tuesday 23 November, for interviews with Jules and I!

Go to Jules Riding on Facebook for testimonies from the Palmerston North concert. =)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...