Saturday, May 8, 2010

Live Your Dreams

In May 2009, veteran recording artist Jules Riding helped me find a voice I didn't know I had.

Despite the past year of enforced rest from active music study, I've been learning new things about what I can do as a musician.

The recordings and videos you've heard from me thus far date 2-4 years prior to my studio debut, and Jules hasn't yet released the recording we made together. He assures me you will be wowed by it. It still wows me every time I listen to it. I can't figure out, with my body in such a sad state, from whence the sound comes.

I suppose that's tickled your curiosity. Would it be mean to leave you in silence? Okay, below is a sample from a midnight kitchen session coupled with a photo slideshow in my first exploration of Windows Movie Maker. If the clock and fridge don't get vocal, my kitchen has the best acoustics in the house, but Murphy's Law supplies a humming chorus from them on all the best takes.

Live Your Dreams, wherever you are.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...